dancing to:: The City Is At War - Cobra Starship
Blah blah blah... Do this every year... Etc. Etc.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Oh dear. Um... I mixed a show? That was new and exciting and terrifying.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. I don't believe in them in the same way I don't believe in goals.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My dance teacher had another baby! : D Not that I've seen her yet...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A little girl I used to teach at dance's mom passed away.
5. What countries did you visit?
I don't think I traveled at all...
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Um... I'm actually pretty content. An acceptance letter to the university of my choosing would be nice?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My birthday! Technically the day before my birthday when Morgan and Natalie were the loveliest friends in the whole entire world and drove up to surprise me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
...Mixing a show. : P
9. What was your biggest failure?
Pssssh... Uuuuh... Signing up for Audio head in the first place?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a bizarre tailbone thing... And "a tumor"
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oh dear... Uuuuh... I don't think I bought anything too spectacular...
12. Whose behavior merited celebration.
I dunno...? The Theatre Prod kids maybe? The ones who didn't leave? Sure. Why not.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and sad?
...No comment. <.< >.>
14. Where did most of your money go?
Most of money hasn't been spent yet. Most of my money is going to pay for university next year.
...The rest of it went to Starbucks. Cheeeeeegg.
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
I ended up being really excited about my birthday...
And, okay, if I'm being honest I freaked out a little bit the first time Darren Criss showed up in Glee. Like... A lot.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Pffff... Uuuuh... Shots by LMFAO...? Or whatev.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?: Uuuh. Hard to say. Probably about the same.
thinner or fatter?: Eh.
richer or poorer?: Richer... If you count the amount of money I have, not on whether or not I can spend it. : P
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working, but it was pretty unavoidable.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It was small and lovely.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My mom? I guess.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Depends on your definition of "love" : P
23. How many one-night stands?
Ah ha ha ha.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee. I don't watch anything else on TV.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah. I actually like people I hated at this time last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
Come, Thou Tortoise was freaking awesome.
Also Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
Oh man too much. The Academy Is..., Cobra Starship, I refound my love of Panic! At The Disco, I maybe kind of even like Fall Out Boy a little bit...? Gaslight Anthem.
And then on the musical musical side of things...
A Very Potter Musical, A Very Potter Sequel, and Bare.
28. What did you want and get?
...I get to be Production Manager? That's pretty sweet.
29. What did you want and not get?
HERMIONE GRANGER!!! and a rocket ship.
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
Again... Sooooo many.
Inception, How to Train Your Dragon, Scott Pilgrim, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Despicable Me, Toy Story 3.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent the day driving Morgan's car around FSJ showing off our wonderful...ness. Or lack there of, really. We went to Humpty's and the lake, and Cosmic Grounds, and DQ, and we went to the casino with my mom and I gambled, and we went to JD Fitzgeralds for supper, and me and Natalie and Morgan went to a liquor store and I bought stuff and I NEVER GOT CARDED. Lame.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Going to San Fran and New York with Morgan.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Awesome? I actually started dressing a little like a hipster... Not on purpose... And I'm slightly ashamed. It shall be remedied!
34. What kept you sane?
Izzy and Morgan and Carly and Amanda.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most/least?
Darren Criss, Gabe Saporta.
I hated Adam Lambert and Justin Bieber a lot. To the point of yelling about how they weren't allowed to be played in my card and forcefully unplugging Amanda's iPod when she tried.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I paid a lot of attention to the DADT stuff, and the Prop 8 stuff, and the HST stuff. But other than that...
37. Whom did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Everyone at work, I guess. They were all so lovely.
And my Paintlings are pretty fab.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010
Let stuff go, if you're still alive you can come up with something better.
40. Do you have any lost feelings of others?
Did I lose any feelings...? I... Don't... Think so?
41. Quote a song that sums up your year:
We are not what you think we are
We are golden, we are golden.
Teenage dreams in a teenage circus
Running around like a clown on purpose
Who gives a damn about the family you come from?
No giving up when youre young and you want some
-Mika, We Are Golden